Writer's Inventory

The first full week of 2006 has come to a close. For the one or two people that may give a rat's ass and for personal posterity sake, the following is my professional writing career inventory:

Short stories. 4 complete. 3 in various stages of completion. 10 story ideas germinating. The completed ones will be polished and submitted to magazines by the end of next week. 3 fiction. 1 non-fiction.

Novel. 50 pages complete, but gestation period is reaching fever pitch.

Play. Acts I and part of Act II written, research is ongoing.

Screenplay. A zygote of idea is working its way to the page.

Non-Fiction Small Business book. Co-writing. First two chapters are close to draft completion.

Critique Group. Joined Mystery Writer's Critique Group.

Book Club. I am going to join a Mystery Book Club

Songs. Working on two original songs.

Webpage. In development.

Blog. Working on better content and building readership.

Bookstores. I am researching big box and independent bookstores to understand marketing, product placement, bookshelf arrangement, categories, advertising schemes, etc.

Agent. Making a contact list of ten agents that I am interested in.

Publisher. Reviewing and researching all genre related publishers and trying to find a house or imprint that I could grow and prosper with. I am trying to discern editorial quality from books each imprint produces. Where is Max Perkins when you need him?

Publishing House. Discussing the possiblity of starting up an online literary and music publishing house for unknown authors and musicians.

Writer's Associations. I will join Mystery Writers of America, International Thriller Writers, Private Eye Writers of America this year.

Conferences and Tradeshows. I will attend at least one writer conference, likely Tony Hillerman's in New Mexico, and two tradeshows, likely of Dark and Stormy Nights, Boucheron, and maybe the Sister's in Crime conference.


So for those of you that think I just blog and drink - I've been busy.

Popular posts from this blog

To SASE on Not To SASE that is THE Question.

Sex, Bad Sex, and More Bad Sex

Life . . . as we know it