Narrative: First or Third Person?

I am curious as to the narrative style readers and writers prefer in the various genres.

I like to read and write in the mystery/thriller and hardboiled crime genres. I prefer first person narrative because it allows me into the protagonist's thoughts - in an intimate way. It allows me to relate, very personally, to the characters. Elmore Leonard is one of the few authors in this genre that uses the third person narrative and does it well.

I have read some novels where the writer switches between the two narratives. These seem to be a harder read.

Please tell your genre, which narrative you prefer, and why.

It will be interesting to see the results.

Popular posts from this blog

To SASE on Not To SASE that is THE Question.

Sex, Bad Sex, and More Bad Sex

Life . . . as we know it