Hemingway, Fitzgerald, Chandler


It's hard. It's fucking hard. To write, to create, well written fiction.

My idols did it and until recently I didn't know how hard it was for them too. I thought they all sat down and wrote brilliant words that ended up in thier novels. How niave I was.

They revised. They massaged. They sculpted the words, sentences, and paragraghs.

Epiphany.

Revision, I am learning is the key to good writing.

Revision, revision, revision. It sucks - but there, I believe, is where the gold lies.



The road is tough and the gate is narrow but with revision I hope to plough through it.

I look to the great ones for guidence, inspiration, and a roadmap. I've been told before the ones I admires time has come and gone. I disagree.

Good writing is good writing and it is ageless.

So - ask not for whom the bell tolls...

Popular posts from this blog

To SASE on Not To SASE that is THE Question.

Life . . . as we know it

Writing and the Blues, The Cedell Davis Story