Salve for the Soul


"These are the times that try men's souls" Thomas Payne

In the spirit of Christmas, I'm in need of a little more salve for the soul than normal. I find myself in a very strange place. Not horribly bad place, just different. Times they are a changin'.

Jim Beam isn't cutting it. Corona. Nope. Not rum in the eggnog. Nothing.

So where do you turn?

To good books. The Good Book? Others?

I usually read the book of Job when I feel like this, and I recently picked up the book of Tao. I wanted a quote to cling to; the Bible, Tao, Nietzsche, Sarte, Kant, something Existential, but nothing seems right.

So I'm left with me and four words.

The Salve: To truly love, release.
RJB

Popular posts from this blog

To SASE on Not To SASE that is THE Question.

Hapy Birthday....Edgar Allan

Sex, Bad Sex, and More Bad Sex